Flux Update: FloQast Reveals Fancy New Flux Analysis Export Reports
Jun 27, 2019 | By John Siegel
As vital as flux analysis reports are for businesses, comparative balance sheet reports aren’t exactly easy on the eyes.
As immaterial as this might seem, it’s actually something accounting teams should take into consideration, and it’s something the FloQast Product team has been working on for users of FloQast’s Flux Analysis module.
Recently, the Product team announced a new export template for FloQast Flux Analysis users designed to make reports more presentable for all — whether that be internally (Internal Auditors, Controllers, CFO’s, Boards of Directors) or externally (Auditors, Consultants).
It might be a stretch to call the reports sexy, but at the very least, they’re more functional, revealing, and easy to read.
Here’s what you need to know:
As far as flux goes, it's the first step we have actively taken toward living the FloQast dream of 'Record → Report'' for FloQast. In order to do this, we needed to up our game and make our reports more presentable, professional, and impressionable for all parties viewing the report.
FloQast completely overhauled Flux Analysis exports to include:
- Fixed Headers and Columns — To help users digest and scroll through heavier volume reports. This also comes in handy when analyzing flux trends later in the year.
- Proper formatting
- Ready to Filter Reports — This functions straight out of the export, giving users the information and instant ability to drill down on the details
- Conditional Formatting — Identify Material Variances quickly and see negatives in red
- Groups in the report Simi — Similar to “expand” and “collapse” drilldown in the FloQast app, this addition allows viewers to custom group based on view preference
- Proper Indenting and Spacing
- Removed Decimal Points — Added for easier readability (and for those who have a loathing of decimal points on a financial report)
- Formulas — Analyze the document quickly for Subtotals, Totals, and Variances
- Branded Report — Make the report pretty (and, ya know, easier to read)
Too Long; Didn’t Read
Key features added to FloQast’s Flux Analysis export feature:
- Expand and Collapse the custom grouping based on your preference of view
- Easily use the Excel filters to drill down on the information you need in the report
- Variances and whether or not something meets your material threshold are shown on the report
- Explanations are shown with author and date stamp, including a time stamp for further detail
Stay up-to-date with new FloQast features by checking your in-app Pendo notifications on the Settings page!