Cloud Accounting Podcast: Mike Whitmire
Feb 23, 2018 | By Blake Oliver
Check out the video on YouTube for discussion and analysis of recent news, including:
- Are big firm CPAs “insecure overachievers”? That’s a term used by a Harvard researcher to describe workers in elite professional services firms in an article entitled, “If You’re So Successful, Why Are You Still Working 70 Hours a Week?”
- How tax reform is accelerating the shift to automation in manufacturing, a trend identified in a Wall Street Journal article, “Tax Incentive Puts More Robots on Factory Floors”.
- Sage’s plans for international growth with Sage Intacct, based on Stephen Kelly’s statements at Capital Markets day in London
- Why cloud accountants are embracing the business chat tool Slack, as argued by Trent McLaren on AccountingWEB
- Mike’s blog post “Why Excel is Not the Enemy of Accountants” and why the War on Excel is a mistake
Of course, if you have any additional questions or comments, you can hit us up on Twitter at @FloQast!