Introducing FloQast’s Latest Feature: #custom_tags
Dec 14, 2018 | By Blake Oliver
The end of the year is often a time of reflection mixed with anticipation. It’s a time for revisiting what needs to change, and plan to take action to effect that change.
After a year of reflecting and gathering valuable user feedback, we’re excited to announce a new feature that will allow companies to create up to 10 #custom_tags to improve how accounting teams collaborate and change the way they close their books for the better.
Custom tags allow users to create unique identifiers in the Admin Settings that can be applied to checklists and reconciliation procedures, which can then be used as filters in your workflow.
When a tag is created, the tag will only show if it’s available in your view, so as to not provide the user with options that ‘do not exist.’
Here are few examples of custom tags suggested by FloQast customers:
- #low_risk, #medium_risk: To assist with workflow and allow teams to become instantly familiar with the team’s risk assessment around a particular process.
- #close_related, #pre_close: To identify items that are explicitly supporting the close.
- #IFRS, #gaap, #IAS: To note which framework of accounting principles a procedure/reconciliation applies to.
- #key_control, #internal_control, #sox_controls: To show how procedures support a particular control.
- #north_america, #europe, #west, #south, #shared_services: To group a particular set of procedures or reconciliations with a particular region/team.
- #control_1, #control_2, #control_3: To map processes to a particular control.
When your team applies custom tags in FloQast, they will show up as they always have, on the Close the Books, Checklist, and Reconciliation pages. Users can click on the tags to filter results to help prioritize open items or to assist in creating specific exports for management or auditors.
Tags will also show up as badges on procedures when hovered over so users can quickly identify certain items.
If your team is looking for additional ways to customize your close with FloQast, look no further: custom tags is ready for your team to use now!